Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Growing Roots

Before I relized that I was being led to Africa the Lord was already weaving His work in my life , and preparing me by placing people around me that could and would help me on this mission. Growing my "roots" so to speak.


Not long after we had begun the adoption process we met a couple from Ethiopia. They had recently adopted and brought home a beautiful little girl from Ehtiopia. We met with them many times, they told us about Ethiopia, made delicious Ethiopian food for us to eat, and "tried" to teach me some Amharic words.
As the news spread that we were adopting from Africa people that we already knew came to share with us they knew someone who worked or lived in Ethiopia, one such person was the Receptionist from where my siblings with Down syndrome go for therapy. She told us that her sister and brother-in-law, had been missionaries in Ethiopia for over thirty years, we quickly called them and they nicely answered dozens of questions. They even gave us some wonderful advice about religions in Ethiopia and shared with us some traditions of the country.
Then  Mr.Gross, a man that works with dad who just happens to do missions. He uses his vacation to serve the Lord through missions in what third world counrty? You guessed it Ethiopia/Uganda. He told dad about a fundraiser Ethiopian dinner. So we got tickets and went.we not only met the receptionists brother-in- law.  He just happened to be one of the main speakers. While in Ethiopia he had preached in a church our friends with the adopted little girl attended. a Pastor.We also had the priviledge of sitting with a wonderful couple of Ethiopian decent they are both doctors and we enjoyed visiting and worshiping with them.  It was a wonderful evening.

Time went by and we traveled to Ethiopia and picked up our new family members and I fell in love with the children who where left behind. This is truly when my two worlds began to collide.  Shortly after we got home my Mom got in touch with dad's co-worker to see when and/if there would be a mission trip again this year. The thought of having an oppertunity to go back was exciting. There was to be a missions meeting in October. A meeting I did not miss. At the meeting I met three others that would be going on the trip. We were told a bit about last years mission trip. One story was about a women waiting for Americans that the Lord said would come to help her build an orphanage. Another moving story was about a little boy in Uganda that had been dedicated by his mother and Witch Doctors to Satan. My heart broke as I looked at the picture of the little boy. Not to worry the team there not only led his Mother to know the saving grace of Jesus Christ, the little boy was released from the curse that had been put on him. Praise God he is free.



On the drive home from that first meeting I was overflowing with excitement, the Lord felt especially close and I couldn't wait for the next meeting(which wouldn't be until January) so that I could be better prepared to follow the Lord into the world begining with Africa....Turns out the Dr's we so enjoyed fellowshiping with. Their son will also be going on the missions trip.

If anyone serves Me, Let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor. John 12:26

The Lord has a plan for each of our lives and a destination for us to reach, but we can't find it on our own, we have to Follow Him, start today...

No comments: