Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Still Sowing

        Well, I showed up early again Tusday, The unnamed man was just packing up his books and about to leave when I got there.  We greated each other and in reference to last week I asked if I could pray with him. He said he felt that prayer was a  personal conversaition between a person and God and that he would not be comfortable with praying together, but he said he would really appriciate if I would pray for him. Dubfounded by his response.. all week long I had thought about how this moment would go..I would ask him if we could pray together.. he would say yes... the spirit of the Lord would become evident, he would feel the forgivness of the Lord, and his life could begin being transformed and ultimatly affect those around him for the better.
   Did I remember to ask his name? Of corse not! But the Lord is good at showing me what I need to know but forget to ask. I went out to the hall to talk to my mom, who had called to see if " the man" had been there again. After telling her what had happened I headed back to the classroom when a picture on the buliten board caught my eye.  It was my unnamed man, but underneath the picture was a name, Matt. I had to laugh as I thanked God for giving me his name, it was right there in front of me the whole time. I believe that when you pray you should be as specific as possible, though I also believe that the Lord understands if you can't be because we don't know everything . I would like to ask you all to please pray for Matt , that he will find God's forgiveness, and be able to forgive the church for what they did so long ago.  Also I want to ask you to reach out to those you know who may be hurting or needing the church to reach out and show the love of  Christ. We cannot change what Matt's  church did, but we can choose to do the best we can to prevent the same thing from happening again. One day we will stand before the Lord and will be asked why we did not reach out to others. 

      This is good and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:3-4

 I hope that the seed that was planted will be watered and grow in the love of the Lord,  and that the weed of bitterness will be choked out allowing the fruit of God to grow. We may not know what the outcome of this seed will be  in this life, thankfully God does.

My job was the to plant the seed in your heart and Appolis watered it, but it was God not we that made it grow. 1Corinthians 3:6

No comments: