Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Roots

Hello, anybody, somebody,
        Yes it has been a long time since I have visited this place. Let's just say I was growing my roots. My Mom says to admit and just say I met a boy,,,,,, she says I might get made fun of but most everyone will understand. So it's true I met a boy (he's wonderful)  but that is a whole other post.
        So where did I leave off? CNA class , I did finish and pass the class. What ever happened to Matt? Well only God knows. Hopefully he left there with a couple seeds that with the proper watering will grow and he can resume his relationship with Christ and be a happier man of God because of it.
        In June I went on a mission trip. The mission trip I started the blog for. A trip that was initially to include Egypt, Uganda and Ethiopia. Yet because of Christian persecution became Uganda/Ethiopia. That was ok.. we can see the Pyramids another time I'm sure.
        So in June we left for our three week adventure to Africa (yes I had to leave the boy) this was my first "out of country" mission trip. I have witnessed in other places, volunteered in VBS and such but get on an airplane go sooo far around the world to serve others. Yup my first time. No I was not nervous, nor was my Mom she hopped up out of bed at 4:00 a.m. just so I could say bye to the boy. Ok his name is Will. So we go say goodbye to Will then off to pick up a couple of others that were also going on the trip. There were twelve of us going in all. For five of us it was out first trip. Not to worry, we were covered in plenty of prayer, we were annointed with oil and nicknamed the five stones. So off we went the flight was uneventful. When we arrived in Addis Abba,Ethiopia there was a slight eight hour hold up.  No biggie.. just a little time. We headed from Addis Abba,  to Entebe, Uganda.  Our new home for the week was only 20 minutes away from the airport. It was dark and late our driver skillfuly drove very quickly (these are not paved roade you know) these are some VERY bumpy roads.  We were warmly greeted at Banana Villiage  http://bananavillage-uganda.com/banana_village_rooms.html  Then we went to sleep... in a Toukoul hut, a fake Toukoul hut.
          The next morning we ate breakfast we had poridge, I ate it is all I am going to say.  Then off to the Abba house. This is the orphanage House of Friends sponsers.  We went from room to room in the school section  seeing all the kids. Each time we entered a room they would say in unison WELCOME FOREIGNERS!! (how did they know?)  It was so sweet. Then we each introduced ourselves  to the children and teachers. There were 20-40- kids in a class, about 12 class's. We were able to share recess with the kids. They love to play soccer.  I did not play soccer I had three little girls that noticed my camera and so we spent our time taking pictures, they love to see themselves in our digatel cameras.  What joy it was to spend time with the kids.  If you look closely at the picture there are three different little girls holding my hands. The one is reaching up to touch my hair. They were are so very curious to touch out hair.
          Ok so restarts the growing of my roots in Africa... such a beautiful county...such joyful beautiful people.

            Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for your brothers, love one another deeply from the heart.    1Peter 1:22

2 comments:

Melody said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.